September 26, 2016

Small accidental fire in Putnam Hall

A small fire occurred in Putnam Hall a short time ago, caused by a hot curling iron that came in contact with a mattress in a resident's room. The fire was confined to that room. As a precaution, two students and three police officers were checked for smoke inhalation at the scene and released. Due to the smoke, alarms were triggered in Putnam, Walton, Phelps and Sellers halls. No injuries were reported. Students will be allowed to return to their rooms when the building is cleared of additional smoke. 

Contact Geoff Larcom, glarcom@emich.edu, 734.487.4401

Send feedback to: emu_today@emich.edu   |   EMU Today Tips